The HR Manager’s main role is to maintain and enhance the Recruiter Support Team’s team members by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations, policies and practices, and learning opportunities in an effort to make this job the #bestjobatBYU (yes, that is our hashtag. Look it up to see what we’re currently up to!).
· Lead recruiting and interviewing efforts
· Carry out monthly one-on-one meetings with each member of the team
o Discuss goals, resources needed to fulfill job requirements, StrengthFinder, etc.
o Hold additional one-on-one meetings on an as-needed basis
· Plan and prepare trainings for weekly team meetings
· Meet with full-time supervisor on a regular basis to discuss needed resources for team growth
· Meet with the Business Career Center (BCC) Director to discuss BCC goals and alignment of Recruiter Support Team
· Advise team members in goal creation for Professional Development Plans
· Develop and implement annual theme
· Cultivate a culture of trust through team building activities, discussions, and other activities
· Develop timeline of personal and professional development curriculum
· Prepare semester work schedule
· Be a culture leader in the office. Exemplify the behavior expected in others.
· Always be looking for process improvement or program implementation opportunities.
· Become (or already be) a Subject Matter Expert in HR functions related to the office, particularly StrengthsFinder and our recruiting process.
· Prior experience in recruiting and/or training a plus.
Pay begins at $10/hr for a 2-week training period, and then will be increased to $11/hr. Expected to work 10-12 hrs/week for the rest of the semester, as well as 20 hrs/week Fall 2015 and Winter 2016. Schedule is flexible.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sammi Dodson at the same email address.