Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Salary range: $32,000 - $40,000
Schedule: Full Time (over 30 hours per week)
Shift: Office (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
The HR Generalist is an integral member of the Human Resources team. This position works closely with the HR Manager and other HR team members to provide support on the day-to-day administration of policies and programs.
Main Job Functions:
- Assisting with bi-weekly payroll and coordination with third party payroll processor
- Preparation and communication to employees about benefit programs, procedures, claims, and any other government mandated disclosures
- Ensuring that companies and employees are in compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, statues, and company policies
- Developing and delivering new employee orientation program and ensuring proper administration for terminated employees
- Responding to day-to-day employee inquiries regarding claims, issues, policies, guidelines, procedures, employment verification, and programs in a timely and efficient manner
- Oversees recruiting including staffing agency liaison, compiling job descriptions, post/screens resumes, creates offers, background checking, and conducts interviews
- Responding to and assisting managers with complex, sensitive, and confidential employee relation matters including terminations, leave of absence, and unemployment
- Assisting HR Manager in the implementation of various HR programs including, but not limited to, performance management and salary administration and other special projects as necessary
- Performs routine I-9 audit
- Preparing and keep accurate and well organized personnel files and records
- Other duties and functions may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field preferred
- 2 years’ work experience in related field required Required Competencies:
- Working knowledge of employment/benefit laws and regulations
- Knowledge of payroll processes
- Ability to collect and research data information.
- Skillfully identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information.
- Must work well in group problem solving situations and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize and use time effectively while managing competing demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit and displays a high amount of professionalism.
- Demonstrates advocate and mediation skills
- Manages difficult or emotional situations
- Responds promptly to employee needs and demonstrates investigation skills
- Advanced Communication skills: Able to read and analyze complex documents. Ability to write procedures, reports, business correspondence and manuals. Ability to speak effectively in front of groups of employees. Bilingual speaking skills in the Spanish language preferred
- Basic Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and fractions. Able to compute ratios and percentages.
This position works in an office environment. Seldom exposure to fumes, dust or other airborne particles and exposure to allergens such as milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans.
The position is almost constantly sitting, talking, hearing/listening and standing. Seldom standing, walking, bending/stooping, climbing stairs/ladders and lifting up to 20 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position, go to: www.genysisgroup.com/careers