HR BENEFITS INTERN position at Western Governors University. The Benefits Intern position is responsible for learning to support the day-to-day operations of WGU’s Benefits Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Performing customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assisting with the processing of terminations.
- Administering Exit Interview Surveys to terminated employees.
- Managing hr and Benefits Inbox.
- Tracking/planning of retirement advisor one- on-one meetings.
- Responding to Medical Support Notices.
- Assisting in Benefits and Leave of Absence file maintenance.
- Assisting in coordination/setup of benefit related meetings and scheduling of calendars.
- Administering and tracking employee harassment training.
- Assisting in various benefit/employee audits
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer Skills: Familiar with use of Microsoft Office products and technical aptitude to learn HRIS application programs.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Quality Control – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and planning work activities, using time efficiently and developing realistic action plans.
Job Location Code: Salt Lake City Office (SLC)
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Job Type: Intern
Posting Date: 11-05-2014
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Actively pursuing a Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org