Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, assist with the administration of the day-to-day functions associated with the Human Resources Department. Compile and keep personnel records. May prepare reports for employment records, file employment records, or search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, employment and corporate events.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances,
performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
• Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
• Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory
reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
• Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
• Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
• Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
• Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
• Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine
applicants' employment acceptability.
• Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
• Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability.
• Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
• Select applicants meeting specified job requirements and refer them to hiring personnel.
• Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
• Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
• Search employee files to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations, such as credit bureaus and
• Administer and score applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment instruments.
• Prepare badges, passes, and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
• Arrange for in-house and external training activities.
• Other duties as seen fit by HR Manager or Executive Team.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school): Required
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: 2 plus years of experience in related field
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.