|Description||Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large electronic display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in five business units: Live Events, Schools and Theatres, Commercial, Transportation, and International.|
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and focused undergraduate student who has an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition.
You will work closely with our HR team and assist in a variety of challenging and interesting projects.
A Day in the Life (3:33 min video)
1. Effectively assist HR in activities that support hiring. Responsibilities include application review, interview set up, candidate pre-screening, interviewing, and offers.
2. Assist HR and various groups within Personnel with special projects as needed.
3. Assist with various Recruiting activities: creating job descriptions, managing the jobs published online, and career fairs.
4. Effectively learn Daktronics policies and procedures. Escalate issues as appropriate. Maintain accurate, appropriate and timely documentation.
5. Communicate effectively with all employees and team members including coworkers, Supervisors and Managers, help when and where needed, make suggestions for improvements.
6. Effectively use our HR system for tracking activities. Use the report writing tool as appropriate for analysis.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information associated with Daktronics responsibilities.
8. Maintain good attendance and work a schedule necessary to fulfill responsibilities and complete assigned tasks.
9. Courteously and professionally represent Daktronics and the Personnel department.
10. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Quickly learn new tasks.
11. Ability to adapt to an active environment, multi-tasking is often required.
12. Perform other responsibilities or activities as requested or needed.
1. Internship begins January 12, 2015, required to take the Spring semester off from classes and work through August 14, 2015.
2. Pursing or recently graduated with a degree in Human Resources, Consumer Affairs, Global Studies, International Business, Sociology or Business. Acceptable GPA.
3. Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, to support international offices and to communicate with other countries due to time zone differences.
4. Ability to make excellent and appropriate decisions, following both legal guidelines and Daktronics philosophies.
5. Effective computer skills especially email and Word. Ability to learn our HRIS and reporting tools.
6. Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and to effectively work with many supervisors and candidates.
7. Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently, but also willingness and ability to effectively contribute to and support our team.
8. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
9. Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
10. Background check will be conducted.
11. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at www.glassdoor.com