About The J.M. Smucker Company
For more than 115 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and natural foods products in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker's®, R.W. Knudsen Family®Brand®White Lily®, Carnation® Roses® Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.jmsmucker.com.
Include the following although other duties may be assigned.
1. Participate in daily safety/food inspections and coordinate annual Cal-OSHA plant inspection.
2. Assist Human Resources Manager with managing all required Cal-OSHA /OSHA training for hourly employees.
3. Educate and motivate hourly plant employees to achieve safety goals.
4. Analyze work related incidents, identify root causes, and develop/implement approved safety solutions.
5. Maintain electronic injury log, tracking of light duty days, lost time days, and injury details.
6. Process legally required forms for injured worker
7. Report work-related injury to insurance carrier.
8. Work with injured employees medical provider to ensure proper medical treatment is being offered.
9. Ensure proper operation and repairs of alarm and CCTV equipment.
10. Lead monthly safety committee meetings
11. Must successfully pass online 10-OSHA training.
12. Generate safety reports for Human Resources Manager.
13. Ensure hourly employees are wearing all required PPE.
14. Partner with Production Supervisor and Mechanics to understand machinery and work responsibilities in order to provide safety recommendations. The J.M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Page 1, Folgers®and Martha White®and Bick's®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Hungry Jack®in the United States, along with Robin Hood®in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic , Jif®, Crisco®, Café Bustelo®, Pillsbury®, Café Pilon®
15. Assist Production Supervisor with job training to minimize work-related injuries.
16. Inspect daily forklift inspection sheets.
17. Assist with various HS&E projects.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Must be a student enrolled in a four-year university.
2. Preferably knowledge in the areas of OSHA and environmental programs.
3. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
4. Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports.
5. Must speak Spanish to communicate with hourly employees.
6. Must be willing to work split shift and night shift.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. Requires walking 80% of the time and 20% sitting.
2. May be required to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
3. May require to bend and stoop at the waist
4. Use of earplugs is required
5. Subject to wet and humid environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply at: www.smuckercareers.com