|Title||Human Resource Consultant|
|Work Hours||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Work Schedule||Monday - Friday (40 hrs/wk)|
|Department||Human Resources - 151|
|City||Salt Lake City|
The Strategic Business Partner (SBP) provides human resources consultation and support aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated client groups. The SBP educates, guides, coaches, and influences ARUP business leaders on issues involving (but not limited to) employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation and benefits administration, organizational development, cultural transformation, and employee engagement. The SBP consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the unit’s business needs. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Responsible for ensuring consistency, communication, collaboration, and cross-training within and across the HR function at large.
This position reports to the Director, Human Services.
1. Implement human resource strategies that align with corporate business objectives.
2. Build, develop and maintain strong strategic business partnerships and influential relationships with client groups.
3. Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
4. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
5. Work closely with management and employees to proactively improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
6. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and make sound recommendations.
7. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Office of General Counsel as needed/required.
8. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management, including performance normalization, coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions.
9. Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
10. Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
11. Identify training needs for client groups and individual management coaching needs.
12. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
13. Motivate internal resources to achieve results.
14. Ownership of initiatives from start to finish.
15. Communicates and collaborates with individuals within ARUP, as well as with individuals and organizations from outside of the company
· Work on special projects.
· May lead special and cross-functional project teams.
· Present training sessions related to assigned program section area.
· Participate in professional development sessions or seminars.
· Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
· BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Management, Business Administration or closely related field
· MA/MS in Human Resources or a related field
· Professional certification such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR
· Minimum of 8 years as a Human Resources professional or an equivalent combination of advanced training and work-related experience
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
· Ability to identify risks and opportunities for an organization from a Human Resources perspective.
· Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
· Highly effective presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communication skills.
Physical and other requirements
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
· Strong conflict management skills
· Ability to be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
· Self-directed and motivated
· Relationship builder, excellent at building rapport and trust
· Professional, role model, respected corporate citizen
· Ability to work well with others
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
· Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful conditionsInvolves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at https://rn12.ultipro.com/ARU1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*49047F21F63D7E94