HOW TO APPLY
Apply at www.glassdoor.com/stampinup
|Description||Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large electronic display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in five business units: Live Events, Schools and Theatres, Commercial, Transportation, and International.|
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and focused undergraduate student who has an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition.
You will work closely with our HR team and assist in a variety of challenging and interesting projects.
A Day in the Life (3:33 min video)
1. Effectively assist HR in activities that support hiring. Responsibilities include application review, interview set up, candidate pre-screening, interviewing, and offers.
2. Assist HR and various groups within Personnel with special projects as needed.
3. Assist with various Recruiting activities: creating job descriptions, managing the jobs published online, and career fairs.
4. Effectively learn Daktronics policies and procedures. Escalate issues as appropriate. Maintain accurate, appropriate and timely documentation.
5. Communicate effectively with all employees and team members including coworkers, Supervisors and Managers, help when and where needed, make suggestions for improvements.
6. Effectively use our HR system for tracking activities. Use the report writing tool as appropriate for analysis.
7. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information associated with Daktronics responsibilities.
8. Maintain good attendance and work a schedule necessary to fulfill responsibilities and complete assigned tasks.
9. Courteously and professionally represent Daktronics and the Personnel department.
10. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Quickly learn new tasks.
11. Ability to adapt to an active environment, multi-tasking is often required.
12. Perform other responsibilities or activities as requested or needed.
1. Internship begins January 12, 2015, required to take the Spring semester off from classes and work through August 14, 2015.
2. Pursing or recently graduated with a degree in Human Resources, Consumer Affairs, Global Studies, International Business, Sociology or Business. Acceptable GPA.
3. Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, to support international offices and to communicate with other countries due to time zone differences.
4. Ability to make excellent and appropriate decisions, following both legal guidelines and Daktronics philosophies.
5. Effective computer skills especially email and Word. Ability to learn our HRIS and reporting tools.
6. Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and to effectively work with many supervisors and candidates.
7. Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently, but also willingness and ability to effectively contribute to and support our team.
8. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
9. Ability to travel. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
10. Background check will be conducted.
11. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
|Title||Human Resource Consultant|
|Work Hours||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Work Schedule||Monday - Friday (40 hrs/wk)|
|Department||Human Resources - 151|
|City||Salt Lake City|
The Strategic Business Partner (SBP) provides human resources consultation and support aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated client groups. The SBP educates, guides, coaches, and influences ARUP business leaders on issues involving (but not limited to) employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation and benefits administration, organizational development, cultural transformation, and employee engagement. The SBP consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the unit’s business needs. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Responsible for ensuring consistency, communication, collaboration, and cross-training within and across the HR function at large.
This position reports to the Director, Human Services.
1. Implement human resource strategies that align with corporate business objectives.
2. Build, develop and maintain strong strategic business partnerships and influential relationships with client groups.
3. Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
4. Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
5. Work closely with management and employees to proactively improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
6. Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and make sound recommendations.
7. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with Office of General Counsel as needed/required.
8. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management, including performance normalization, coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions.
9. Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
10. Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
11. Identify training needs for client groups and individual management coaching needs.
12. Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
13. Motivate internal resources to achieve results.
14. Ownership of initiatives from start to finish.
15. Communicates and collaborates with individuals within ARUP, as well as with individuals and organizations from outside of the company
· Work on special projects.
· May lead special and cross-functional project teams.
· Present training sessions related to assigned program section area.
· Participate in professional development sessions or seminars.
· Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
· BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Management, Business Administration or closely related field
· MA/MS in Human Resources or a related field
· Professional certification such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR
· Minimum of 8 years as a Human Resources professional or an equivalent combination of advanced training and work-related experience
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
· Ability to identify risks and opportunities for an organization from a Human Resources perspective.
· Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
· Highly effective presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communication skills.
Physical and other requirements
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
· Strong conflict management skills
· Ability to be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
· Self-directed and motivated
· Relationship builder, excellent at building rapport and trust
· Professional, role model, respected corporate citizen
· Ability to work well with others
· Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
· Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and to work under stressful conditionsInvolves judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending action
HOW TO APPLY
Apply at https://rn12.ultipro.com/ARU1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*49047F21F63D7E94