Provides administrative support to the Human Resources professional staff. Performs various office support duties such as assisting with HR projects, organizing recruiting, and other general clerical duties as needed.
Undergraduate or graduate student in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Communications, or equivalent at an accredited college/university. This position requires demonstrated communication skills.
Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. A minimum of one year general office experience or equivalent is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
1. Assists with revising, tracking, and maintaining BAS job descriptions.
2. Learns and gives input into CR Bard and BAS policies and procedures.
3. Learns and assists with HRIS.
4. Assists with reward and recognition program.
5. Filing and maintenance of employee personal folders.
6. Assists department in general clerical duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Demonstrated human relation skills.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and good organizational skills.
3. Intermediate understanding of the use of PC’s including documents and spreadsheets applications.
4. Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize workload.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily tasks.
This position is in an office environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty five pounds occasionally.
This position reports to a professional member of Human Resources who in turn reports to the Sr. HR Manager or Director Human Resources.
PRINCIPAL CHALLENGES AND PROBLEM SOLVING
The incumbent has a variety of duties in a number of different areas. As a result, he/she must be organized and self-motivated to prioritize responsibilities and accomplish the different tasks that must be done each day. The incumbent must have a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures. The incumbent must possess strong computer aptitude and the ability to learn new systems.
NOTE FROM EMPLOYER:
HOW TO APPLY:Regarding the internship, the position is with the HR Department at Bard Access Systems, a division of CR Bard, and it is located at 605 North 5600 West, Salt Lake City. We typically ask our interns to work 20 hours on average per week. We are anticipating the internship to last at least six months. Projects for this person would range from revamping our job descriptions to assessing current procedures.
Send resumes and questions to email@example.com