The Emerging Leader Trainee program is a blended learning approach focused on immersing you in all aspects of managing multiple departments. Your training will take place in a selected JCPenney store and is divided into weekly assignments that build on each other. Each week you will gain exposure to key areas of store operations, including delivering exceptional customer service, in-store merchandising, sales support functions, sales analysis and event management.
As an Emerging Leader Trainee, you will begin an exciting career in retail management. This experience includes maximizing sales and profits, ensuring customers have a positive shopping experience, analyzing business trends, motivating others and creating an engaging store environment. You’ll also be given a team to oversee and will be in charge of leading a designated area of the store.
After completing the formal training program you will have the opportunity to fine tune your management skills by running a select department within your training store with the guidance of the Store’s Leadership Team. After successfully demonstrating the key competencies of a JCPenney manager, you may be promoted into a key leadership role within the store.
What you’ll gain:
• Personal and professional development.
• Meaningful real-world work experience.
• Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business activities and decisions.
• Coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
• Countless networking opportunities.
• Community service opportunities.
DIVISION - Diversity and Emerging Talent
LOCATION - Nation Wide
POSITION TYPE - Full-Time Entry-Level
DESIRED MAJOR(S) - Management
What we require of candidates:
• Must have a 4-year degree.
• You have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Excellent communications skills.
• You are open to relocation.
• Be self-motivated.
• Have a results-driven approach to goals and challenges.
• Able to work well with others and show outstanding leadership skills.
• Retail experience required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Log into BYU Bridge system and submit application: https://byu-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?mode=form&id=7b79e3df277d893f03253825fb70626c&s=jobs&ss=searchres