Position Title: College Crew 2014 (People SSC)
1. Position Summary
The JetBlue College Crew Summer Program is a 10-week internship designed to develop a pipeline of well-rounded future Crewmembers for a variety of business-aligned roles within our company. We seek highly motivated individuals for opportunities within our Support Centers, Commercial team and Operations Areas.
College Crew Interns are dedicated to helping JetBlue Inspire Humanity. The Intern enjoys building and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels internal and external to the organization and is passionate about being a JetBlue brand ambassador.
As a College Crew on the People team, you will be a member of both of the following teams:
Talent Management: Team is responsible for helping Crewleaders and Crewmembers perform their best, communicate openly, create a culture of feedback and create processes that are fair, clear and consistent. We facilitate having the right talent in the right place at the right time.
Talent Acquisition: Recruitment of all positions throughout the JetBlue Organization.
2. Essential Responsibilities
- Develop materials to support current and future programs (i.e. dashboards, communications, workflows, presentations, etc.)
- Assist with research, data analysis, development and execution of departmental programs
- Act as day-to-day support on team’s initiatives
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for internal and/or external customers to ensure alignment of programs and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
3. Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Results-oriented, forward-thinking, confident undergraduates and graduates with a required cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better
- Available for employment from June 9th – August 15th, 2014
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available on short notice
- Able to provide official transcript and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Able to secure local housing
- Position is based in Salt Lake City, UT (SSC). JetBlue encourages all eligible college students to apply for our College Crew Program; however, JetBlue will not provide relocation costs.
4. Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices
- Class level of Senior status or Masters student
- Passionate about the airline industry and JetBlue
- Project Management experience
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
Supervision Received: Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Crewleader/Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
Supervisory Duties: No supervisory responsibility
6. Working Conditions:
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/Client_JetBlue/external_general/search.do and click search. Or just start here www.jetblue.com
APPLICATIONS END WITHIN A WEEK. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.