Job: HR Assistant – Full Time (~30 hours/week – benefits eligible)
Compensation: Minimum starting wage of $13/hr - Hourly
Description & Details
Location: Orem, Utah
Industry: Nonprofit Organization
Kids On The Move (non-profit) is accepting applications for the HR Assistant position. This position requires a four year degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Qualified applicants will be passionate about HR, and possess:
- Basic understanding of human resource functions, preferably working knowledge of OSHA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, HIPAA, Workers Compensation, and EEO
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective oral and written communication in English
- Ability to work independently and meet managerial goals
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines when necessary
- High level of integrity
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Must be proficient in using computers and professional office software, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to type at least 45 words per minute
- Work so as to demonstrate transparency
- Accept accountability for areas of responsibility and personal performance
- Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information is a must
- Consistently adhere to KOTM policies and guidelines, and abide by the employee conduct standards
- Must be organized and demonstrate effective time management
- Qualified individuals must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation and TB test.
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Assistant will assist with the day-to-day transactional duties of HR, including:
1. Recruiting & Staffing:
a. Create job posts from job descriptions.
b. Post and track jobs.
c. Track and follow-up on post-offer requirements, namely background checks and TB tests, to ensure timely completion.
d. Keep HR Manager abreast of recruiting status and communicate with supervisors as appropriate.
a. Establish and maintain positive relationships with new and current employees.
b. Assist new employees with accurate and timely completion of new hire paperwork.
c. Review established KOTM policies and procedures with new employees.
d. Complete new employee online identify verification.
e. Follow-up with new employees to ensure all paperwork and documentation has been received within established timelines.
3. Training & Development:
a. Track and schedule employees CPR training, First Aid training, and Food Handler Permits.
a. Assist HR Manager with semi-monthly processing of payroll.
5. Reporting & Compliance:
a. Under the direction of the HR Manager, complete government requests for reports, as well as employment verifications and salary confirmations etc.
6. Performance Management:
a. Track the timely receipt of employee performance review documentation and follow-up with supervisors as necessary.
7. Maintain Employee Records/Files:
a. Responsible for the ongoing, accurate maintenance of employee files, both physical and electronic.
a. Aid in responding to day-to-day benefits inquiries
b. Assist in keeping current employee information up-to-date in the benefits system.
9. Internship & Vista Development:
a. Effectively support intern & Vista supervisors.
b. Under the direction of the HR Manager, responsible for identifying and proactively recruiting interns (and Vistas as appropriate).
c. Responsible for developing relationships with local schools and appropriate professors to ensure the most qualified intern applicants.
d. Oversee and develop the intern & Vista onboarding process.
e. Ensure the timely completion and submission of all intern & Vista paperwork
f. Track all prospective, current, and exiting interns & Vistas.
10. Other Duties:
a. Support the achievement of all human resource goals and objectives.
b. Assist HR Manager in handling employee requests.
c. Development of HR processes, under the direction of HR Manager.
d. Complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner. Maintain required documentation.
e. Attend assigned meetings and training.
f. Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Mobility in an office setting
- Occasional light to moderate lifting and carrying; up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to see and hear with or without an aid
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Michelle Angus | HR Assistant