Job Title: Human Resources Office Specialist
Job ID: 38553
Date Closed: 12/07/2013
Location: SE - Bookstore
Date Posted: 11/07/2013
Shift: 1:00PM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
Hourly Wage: $8.25
Hours: 1:00PM-5:00PM Monday-Friday, no Saturdays.
Extra hours may be required during busy times.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SHIFT TIME WINTER SEMESTER AND FLEXIBLE AFTERNOON HOURS DURING REMAINDER OF FALL. PREFERABLY IN TWO HOUR BLOCKS. TRAINING STARTS ASAP.
- Perform miscellaneous office duties including but not limited to:
- Answering telephones
- Data entry
- Creating employee files
- Ordering and delivering name tags
- Scheduling job applicant interviews
- Assist with managing Bookstore Student Development Program
- Teach orientation class for new employees
- Schedule training classes for employees;
- Assist with employee hiring and termination processes
- Assist employees with Y-time timekeeping system reports, time corrections, and answering questions
- Assist with Bookstore mail delivery
- Complete other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills including an ability to treat each individual with kindness and respect
- Able to keep sensitive information confidential
- Effective computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to effectively communicate in person as well as in emails, phone calls, etc.
- Dependable, detail-oriented and able to perform with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage task priorities effectively
- Must be willing to work during semester breaks
- Able to learn quickly when new tasks are assigned and training provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Instructions: apply on-line. Please attach cover letter, resume and student employment application. LONGEVITY STRONGLY PREFERRED
Click on website, check mark "Clerical", hit search, scroll down and find the job title, then apply : jobs.byu.edu