Date Posted: 11/06/13
Period of Employment: Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Winter
Pay Type: Paid
Opportunity Type: Internship
Job Status: Part-Time
Description & Details
Academic, Education/Academia - Overseas/Intl- Education, Education/Academia - Post-Secondary/Higher Ed
|Job Function: |
Brand Management, Business Development, Marketing, Project Management, Public Relations
Course Hero has recently partnered with Books for Africa, an international non-profit organization, to create the Knowledge Drive (CourseHero.com/KnowledgeDrive). The Knowledge Drive initiative, in partnership with Books for Africa, is working to build a powerful learning resource for college students while providing children in Africa with the gift of education and the ability to attain a better quality of life. With the help of students and interns across the country, we have already donated 100,000+ books, and hope to continue building a brighter future for children and students around the world in the coming months and years.
We are now accepting applications for our paid Internship and Professional Development Program which allows select students to help shape the future of our Knowledge Drive initiative, while also developing, applying, and honing their professional skill set. As an initiative whose mission is built around helping students learn more effectively, we believe that students must be actively involved in helping us do so.
Those that are accepted will help lead the Knowledge Drive initiative at their school, which is building a more comprehensive resource for students while also supporting the development of education abroad. In addition to leading the Knowledge Drive, interns will also work with the Knowledge Drive Team to provide insights on how we can provide an even better initiative and resource for education.
Accepted applicants will also be enrolled in our Professional Development Program which provides teaching, application, and refinement of a student’s professional skill set. Designed to set interns up for success in the professional world, the program includes:
- Leadership and one on one coaching from a Director
- Weekly workshops on specific professional skills (ranging from communication to innovation) paired with structured goals to help strengthen and hone those skills.
- Personalized critiques and development plans that focus on improving areas connected to the students desired career path.
- Professional references upon completion and graduation from the program
- Management positions for those that truly excel
The ideal candidates are:
- Interested in business, communications, technology, and/or entrepreneurship
- Well-spoken, outgoing, creative, and confident
- Involved on campus (a position of leadership is a plus)
- Experienced with social media tools like Facebook and Twitter
- Social, energetic, and outgoing
- U.S. Citizens
- Current undergraduate students living on or near campus
John Stacey | VP of Campus Operations
805 Veterans Boulevard
Redwood City, California 94063
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply here: https://byu.experience.com/er/stu/opportunities/job_profile.jsp?job_hnd=31365101&affiliation_hnd=1722
Applications for this position will be accepted between 11/06/13 and 12/31/13