INTERN - DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION INTERN
SPRING OR SUMMER 2014 - DEADLINE 9/23/2013 - REQ #20972
Top of Form
Date Posted: 8/19/13
Job Code: TP99
Country: United States of America
Job Type: Interns
TIME COMMITMENT: Fulltime (between 32-40 hours per week)PAY: $12.00 hourly +flight benefits
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research and handle special projects as assigned by Leadership to support the goals and objectives of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Assist with event planning.
- Assist with creating presentations and preparing for presentations and/or meetings.
- Research and analyze reports to make recommendations on where the department should focus time and energy.
- Successfully complete the D&I Intern projects.
- Communicate with outside sources, vendors, Teams, and Internal/External Customers via personal contact, telephone, and written correspondence.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Progress towards degree in HR Management, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Sociology, or HR/Business related degree required.
- Minimum junior level.
- Maintained 2.75 or above cumulative GPA.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook & Excel.)
- Ability to work independently and the willingness to function as a part of a Team.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and complete assignments with tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Must possess basic analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Affinity Groups a plus.
- Previous part-time job or internship experience preferred.
- Involvement in campus organizations, clubs, or extracurricular activities preferred.
- Previous Leadership positions are a plus.
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (IF REQUESTED):
- Unofficial transcript.
- Essay "Why Southwest Airlines'. Length is up to the author.
- Letters of Recommendation.
Application process starts here: southwest.com