Salt Lake Community Action Program is a not-for-profit organization that provides a wide range of services aimed at helping low-income people become self-sufficient.
Our Mission: To eliminate the paradox of poverty in our affluent society.
Our Purpose: To create programs that empower low-income people to enhance the quality of their lives by having them design and implement strategies that will create solutions to their problems.
This is an entry level position responsible for human resource information and recordkeeping to include: employment verifications, unemployment claims, worker compensation, OSHA 300, data entry, data integrity, reports, and employee files, etc. Staffing duties include: job posting, manage staffing email box, setting up interviews, drug screen/background checks. E-verify, and new hire paperwork, etc. Position works closely with the HR Generalist, Payroll Coordinator, employees and various outside agencies. Bi-lingual English/Spanish greatly preferred.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using databases, Microsoft office and internet research
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Display excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma required, associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience working in high volume HR office required.
- Working knowledge of Sage ABRA HRMS and Crystal Reports a plus.
Wage: $12.27 - $14.64 depending on experience and education
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including: health, dental, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance, retirement plan; vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our website for additional information including job description and application can be found at www.slcap.org under JOBS.
Patti Timm, SPHR | Director of Human Resources
Salt Lake Community Action Program