Compensation, Payroll & Benefits Manager
Human Resources | Park City, UT, United States
As the Compensation, Payroll & Benefits Manager, you will develop and manage corporate strategies for cash/non-cash compensation, payroll, benefits and total reward programs that are market competitive and meet organizational objectives. This position lives in our ridiculously awesome 'People' team and will work closely with team leaders and team members across the org and will report to the EVP of People.
Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. Backcountry.com is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate eight online specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Dogfunk, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and Chainlove. We offer the opportunity of a lifetime where you can connect your career with your passions. Our mission – connect people to their passions - begins with our team members. We live and breathe the outdoor lifestyle, whether on land or water, snow or sand, road or trail. We seek out and hire the most amazing talent we can find to come be innovative, fresh, and inspiring to take us to the next level of being THE global leader in outdoor specialty retail.
About the Job
- Champion the development of new compensation strategies through creative input combined with data analysis and a deep understanding of the company’s objectives
- Develop and maintain salary classification and compensation programs
- Conduct competitive market analysis and analyze survey data to ensure appropriate compensation classifications for all positions.
- Manage merit increase process and budget forecasting
- Oversee payroll functions including development of policies and procedures and management of payroll/HRIS staff
- Provide oversight to HR/Benefits providers, agents, and vendors including selecting and implementing systems/services, monitoring effectiveness, and negotiating costs
- Administer employee benefits plans, including health & wellness programs and 401(k)
- Monitor trends and introduce market best practices for programs to company
- Report on program utilization, costs, effectiveness and recommending changes
- Oversee payroll functions ensuring that payroll is processed timely, accurately and is forecasted correctly in overall company budget and is in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Manage and develop payroll and HRIS department.
We are looking for an experienced human resources professional with knowledge of current best practices in compensation, payroll and benefits. You must also have experience in sourcing, negotiating and evaluating providers along with the ability to understand cost and contract language. Good analytical skills with the ability to audit and interpret data and make sound decisions are also essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or related
- PHR/SPHR or CCP highly preferred
- 2+ years of progressive human resource management experience with specific focus in compensation, payroll and benefits in a medium to large organization
- Ecommerce, technology or retail industry payroll and benefits experience preferred
- Prior experience administrating HRIS for a multi-site company (Do we want to call out that ADP experience is a plus?)
- Knowledge of governmental regulations related to compensation, benefits, payroll such as HIPPA, COBRA, ERISA, FRCA, IRS, Health Care Reform in US preferred
We Use the Gear We Sell
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a company match! And… have we mentioned the perks yet? We USE the GEAR we SELL. All team members are eligible for our amazing discount on gear – on Backcountry and our other sites, via pro forms, and through local retailers and partners in all of our locations. We're a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future for us and for you. Yes, there is more. A gear closet to fuel your passion to try new things before buying the gear yourself, adventure contests and leave to go explore, gold point recognition program with redemptions ranging from massages to gift cards to ski passes, fresh food co-op subsidies, and more. Lunchtime trail runs, group rides, powder mornings when based in Utah, and more. Does that appeal to you? It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job, and we support our team members in as many aspects of life as possible all while connecting them to their passions so we may better connect our customers with their passions.
Check us out in action here:
We are an Equal Opportunity & E-verify Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen (for distribution center employees).
HOW TO APPLY: Visit backcountry.com
DAWN SPINHIRNE-MARTIN, PHR
HR Manager, Compensation & Benefits
Office: 801-973-4553 x5607