HR & Payroll Specialist/Generalist
Human Resources Specialist with a passion for people and ability to execute best-in-class HR techniques and practices while overseeing the daily administrative HR functions related to new hire paperwork, benefit enrollment, terminations, file management, safety, compliance and other human resource functions. Position works closely with a professional HR consulting organization, HR Service, Inc., receiving guidance in building and maintaining HR infrastructure and practices.
Duties & Tasks:
- Assists with various HR and payroll tasks, projects and assignments as needed to implement overall HR practices, create HR infrastructure and perform functions.
- Maintains organized, up-to-date employee files, benefit paperwork, workers compensation, unemployment claims, I-9, W-4 forms and other filing and record keeping.
- Completes new hire and termination paperwork.
- Interfaces with payroll, insurance and retirement plan providers providing information as needed.
- Records employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason. Completes payroll paperwork for all benefit, salary and employment changes. Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Tracks employee work hours, pay rates, time and attendance preparing and assisting with payroll processing and HRIS system update. Submits work hours and pay changes to payroll company.
- Assists with recruiting and hiring new employees. Places help wanted ads and assist with prescreening and background checks, as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date employee organization charts.
- Maintains OSHA log 300 and handles all injury/accident reporting and interface with insurance providers and other parties. Processes workers compensation claims, maintains OSHA reports and postings. Prepares and files reports of accidents and injuries meeting all OSHA requirements.
- Assists with offer letters, completing reports and other office administrative needs.
- Tracks employee eligibility for medical, life, dental and 401(k) enrollment and ensures they are enrolled in a timely fashion. Updates and maintains changes, handles vacation requests, and bonus incentives.
- Conducts new employee orientations, on-boarding, benefit orientations and enrollment for eligible employees.
- Assists employees with questions, changes and problems with benefits and workers compensation claims.
- Obtains bids on various benefit insurance plans, and temporary services as needed.
- Tracks COBRA eligibility and ensures proper notification, enrollment and administration.
- Handles 401(k) notification for terminating employees.
- Handles termination paperwork and sets-up exit interviews. May conduct exit interviews.
- Updates posting requirements on all employee bulletin boards.
- Assists with insurance bills and verifies new hire and termination bill accuracy coordinating with the payroll company.
- Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities and functions.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- Performs other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, become familiar with company operations, human resource practices, payroll functions, HR techniques and employment laws. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree; and three+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior HR assistant, payroll, HR Specialist or similar role is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in: Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook and other software as needed.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail skills and ability to input payroll and employee data quickly and accurately
- Friendly, fun personality and positive attitude
- Knowledgeable in general human resource management practices, payroll, safety, benefits and related employment laws.
Send resume to Rhonda@hrserviceinc.com as soon as possible