About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining,quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
As part of a centralized HR Service Center for Dyno Nobel North America, provide guidance and assistance to employees and management on HR and Payroll inquiries. Responsible for processing transactions into the HRIS systems and ensuring integrity of data. Ensure customer satisfaction by providing immediate solutions and timely resolution to questions.
Reports to: HR Service Center Team Lead
Specifically looking for someone to support our business in the US and Canada
1. Process HR & Payroll transactions into HRIS systems, execute reports, queries and audits and perform necessary actions to update and ensure integrity of the employee data.
2. Serve as first point of contact for employee questions and issues via telephone or HR Helpdesk ticketing system; utilize ticketing system to process, document and resolve inquiries. Escalate inquiries as necessary and work with internal and external resources to resolve employee issues and problems.
3. Work closely with Payroll to insure payroll process is completed timely and accurately.
4. Provide guidance and assistance to managers and employees relating to HR and Payroll policies, employee benefit programs and other employment information. Responsible for providing accurate information and direction regarding policies and procedures.
5. Process and track information in support of policies and benefits such as leaves of absence, short-term disability and temporary lay-offs.
6. Execute reports, queries and audits and perform necessary actions to update and insure integrity of employee data in the HRIS systems.
7. Run and distribute various reports on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
8. Maintain employee personnel files and records in compliance with retention requirements.
9. Support projects and activities related to HR, Payroll, Compensation and Benefits.
10. Assist in the continuous development and improvement of information and processes required to perform quality service delivery.
11. Ensure compliance with company policies, benefit plans as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws.
12. Ensure compliance with applicable DN HSEQ Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
· Interpersonal Behavior – great initiative and independent judgement, ability to maintain confidential information, solid problem solving skills.
· Customer Service – demonstrates effective and timely resolution to customer inquiries and follows up to insure customer satisfaction; exceeds customer expectations; builds and maintains strong internal & external relationships.
· Communication – writes and speaks effectively and professionally; listens effectively and asks questions to ensure understanding.
· Organization and Time Management – ability to organize tasks, manage multiple projects and determine project urgency.
· Continuous Improvement – focused on creating new and improved solutions to processes and systems; challenges the status quo.
· Quality Control – able to maintain high standard of service despite pressing deadlines; pays attention to details; considers excellence a fundamental priority.
· Resilience – deal effectively with pressure, maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks.
· Awareness of Self and Others – recognizes and understands differences in individuals and groups and adapts behavior accordingly; shows respect and works well in a team environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field or equivalent experience.
· Experience or exposure to HR principles and practices, employee benefit programs and payroll activities
· Ability to speak, write, and understand French preferred.
· Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; HRIS experience, preferably with SAP and/or Workday.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
· Generally work in office environment.
· Long periods of computer and office machine use.
· Requires sitting, stooping, use of hands and fingers, ability to talk and hear.
· Occasionally walk short to moderate distances at field locations.
· May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) when visiting field locations.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can apply online at www.dynonobel.com/careers.