Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Job Title: Human Resources Student Intern
Job ID: 1007916
Business Unit: Daimler Trucks North America
Location: Portland, OR
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Post End Date: June 14, 2013
Since 1942 Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) has profoundly altered the face of North American highways. DTNA and its affiliate, Detroit Diesel Corporation (DDC), constitute the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market. Our DTNA family includes the iconic heavy- and medium-duty vehicle brands Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, and Thomas Built Buses. We also manufacture Freightliner Custom Chassis, Axle Alliance axles and components, and Detroit® engines to ensure a quality product, through and through. Our state-of-the-art Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing (DDR) facilities breathe new life into salvaged engines and components, restoring them to their original condition and functionality and supporting our mission of environmental sustainability. Daimler Trucks North America offers challenging and rewarding careers at its locations across North America in diverse business and technical fields. If you crave international experience, DTNA's parent company, Daimler AG, provides opportunities for overseas placements and travel.
Daimler Trucks North America - Where great people do great things!
Projects within the Human Resources (HR) Compensation, Organization & Car Programs team including:
• Job description library update & process improvement
• Job codes update & process improvement
• Documentation of standard operating procedure (SOPs) for all (3) groups procedures
• Group server clean-up and standardization
• License plate covers project for Company Cars
• Process documentation.
Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business (HR strongly preferred). Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Office setting work experience required.
Must have strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
MS Office suite experience required including Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Daimler Trucks North America and Detroit Diesel Corporation are equal opportunity employers.
Intern, Human Resources
Dallas, TX US
Public Utilities & Services
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Description & Details
Technology - Software
|Job Function: |
Account Management/Planning, Administration, Administrative/Support Services, Advocacy, Brand Management, Business Development, Human Resources
Overview: Are you prepared to scout out the dream team? We need the best-of-the-best, who can then go out and find the best-of-the-best. We are looking for a home-run-hitting Corporate Recruiter to source new talent and fuel our rapid growth. A few areas you will focus your super powers on are: online marketing, maintaining and farming a strong talent network, and developing new talent acquisition channels. Our already excellent team is high-energy and success driven. We know there are more winners out there that would love working here. We want you to join the exponential growth over the coming years. If you think you're the one to make it happen and harvest the cream of the crop, then this could be the place for you. Your mission, should you choose to accept it: InsideSales.com Corporate Recruiter.
Benefits: We offer stellar compensation plans, a fast-growth career track, and sweet benefits-- including medical, dental, life, disability, time-off, a gym membership, creative allowance, cross-function training, and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online: http://www.insidesales.com/positions.php?department=Administration
Ashley Johnson | HR Clerk
34 E. 1700 S. Building A, Suite 113
Provo, Utah 84606
Phone: (801) 853-4065
Monday, May 13, 2013
About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining,quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
As part of a centralized HR Service Center for Dyno Nobel North America, provide guidance and assistance to employees and management on HR and Payroll inquiries. Responsible for processing transactions into the HRIS systems and ensuring integrity of data. Ensure customer satisfaction by providing immediate solutions and timely resolution to questions.
Reports to: HR Service Center Team Lead
Specifically looking for someone to support our business in the US and Canada
1. Process HR & Payroll transactions into HRIS systems, execute reports, queries and audits and perform necessary actions to update and ensure integrity of the employee data.
2. Serve as first point of contact for employee questions and issues via telephone or HR Helpdesk ticketing system; utilize ticketing system to process, document and resolve inquiries. Escalate inquiries as necessary and work with internal and external resources to resolve employee issues and problems.
3. Work closely with Payroll to insure payroll process is completed timely and accurately.
4. Provide guidance and assistance to managers and employees relating to HR and Payroll policies, employee benefit programs and other employment information. Responsible for providing accurate information and direction regarding policies and procedures.
5. Process and track information in support of policies and benefits such as leaves of absence, short-term disability and temporary lay-offs.
6. Execute reports, queries and audits and perform necessary actions to update and insure integrity of employee data in the HRIS systems.
7. Run and distribute various reports on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
8. Maintain employee personnel files and records in compliance with retention requirements.
9. Support projects and activities related to HR, Payroll, Compensation and Benefits.
10. Assist in the continuous development and improvement of information and processes required to perform quality service delivery.
11. Ensure compliance with company policies, benefit plans as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations and laws.
12. Ensure compliance with applicable DN HSEQ Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
· Interpersonal Behavior – great initiative and independent judgement, ability to maintain confidential information, solid problem solving skills.
· Customer Service – demonstrates effective and timely resolution to customer inquiries and follows up to insure customer satisfaction; exceeds customer expectations; builds and maintains strong internal & external relationships.
· Communication – writes and speaks effectively and professionally; listens effectively and asks questions to ensure understanding.
· Organization and Time Management – ability to organize tasks, manage multiple projects and determine project urgency.
· Continuous Improvement – focused on creating new and improved solutions to processes and systems; challenges the status quo.
· Quality Control – able to maintain high standard of service despite pressing deadlines; pays attention to details; considers excellence a fundamental priority.
· Resilience – deal effectively with pressure, maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks.
· Awareness of Self and Others – recognizes and understands differences in individuals and groups and adapts behavior accordingly; shows respect and works well in a team environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field or equivalent experience.
· Experience or exposure to HR principles and practices, employee benefit programs and payroll activities
· Ability to speak, write, and understand French preferred.
· Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; HRIS experience, preferably with SAP and/or Workday.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
· Generally work in office environment.
· Long periods of computer and office machine use.
· Requires sitting, stooping, use of hands and fingers, ability to talk and hear.
· Occasionally walk short to moderate distances at field locations.
· May need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) when visiting field locations.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can apply online at www.dynonobel.com/careers.
Location: Provo, UT
Job Type: Part-time (not an internship)
Performs clerical, administrative and transaction processing tasks in support of the Human Resources function.
Responds to basic inquiries from employees. Escalates more complex issues for timely resolution. Works under general supervision. This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for entering and maintaining employee data in the HRIS, ensuring the system is up to date and accurate. Maintains personnel files, including filing, organizing and updating as needed.
· Assists with payroll activities, including maintenance of timekeeping system, pay period close tasks, and acting as a liaison with corporate payroll department.
· Maintains records and documents pertaining to personnel activities and programs, including performance appraisals, educational assistance and vacation tracking.
· Responds to basic employee inquiries pertaining to payroll, benefit plans, HR policies, procedures and programs, etc.
· Assists with recruiting efforts and onboarding activities.
· Schedules and coordinates activities such as employee events, training and meetings.
· Provides information requested by third parties and outside agencies for unemployment claims, employment verifications, etc.
· Assists with maintaining HR metrics and preparing management reports.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent education (i.e. GED)
· 0-3 years of Human Resources experience preferred
· Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
· Understanding of company safety policies and procedures.
· Experience with MS Office
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding employee data
· Experience working with human resources policies and procedures
· Ability to provide attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing documentation
· Understanding of employee benefit plans (health, financial, educational assistance, and other benefits) and enrollments for new hires and annual open enrollment activities.
· Understanding of performance management process and experience tracking related information and producing reports.
· Experience with administration of time recording/systems and related policies and procedures including compliance and reporting
· Experience working with multiple projects and priorities at one time
· Experience with HRIS
· Customer Focus
· Decision Quality
· Priority Setting
· Action Oriented
· Integrity and Trust
· Learning on the Fly
2) Select the Sign In link at the top right corner of the page.
3) Create an account and go back to job search
4) Enter in Job Number - 1302255
Cathy Mendivil, SPHR - IntelliServ®
Human Resources Manager