ATK Defense is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land based systems. The group is the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. ATK Defense develops advanced capabilities for missile defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls. The group also brings extensive experience and expertise in defense facility management and modernization.
ATK Armament Systems, a division of ATK Defense, is seeking a Human Resources Intern for Summer 2013. Our Summer intern will support the Human Resources department in the following areas:
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Reviewing job requisitions, posting job requisitions, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, interviewing candidates and assisting with selection decisions.
- Assists with various special projects.
- Reconcile HR policies and procedures for two separate locations
- Implement an electronic personnel file management system.
- Updates and maintenance of HR intranet.
- Assist with new hire orientation
- Process changes in PeopleSoft
- Training administration
- Assist with generation and analysis of HR metrics
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years completed towards a Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Experience/knowledge in organizational management.
- Experience/knowledge in leadership and team management skills.
- Strong skills in problem solving and result-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong business ethics, personal organization and trustworthiness.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ATK Category: : Human Resources
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Expertise: Human Resources
Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Intern
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
HOW TO APPLY: