Location: Sundance, UT
Salary Range: DOE/hr
Benefits: Health, dental, 401k, vacation, crisis, season pass, generous discounts
Employment Type: Year-Round - Full Time
Department: Human Resources
Description: Shift: Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Generally 5 days per week, weekends & holidays as needed
Full-Time, Year Round Position effective May 15th, 2013
Project a confident, positive, and professional image for Sundance as the coordinator is often the first person that applicants meet in person and/or over the phone. Executes the day to day operations of Human Resources including but not limited to paperwork (typing, filing, data entry) and projects. Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Warmly greet employees and applicants in a timely, friendly, and positive manner.
- Keeps all employee information confidential including pay rates.
- Answer multiple phone lines, take messages and screen calls.
- Type correspondence, HR documents, flyers, and forms.
- Stock all forms.
- Update and maintain personnel files in accordance with state and federal record keeping laws.
- Update and maintain job descriptions, job postings, and employee requisition report.
- Answer basic job opening questions.
- Update job hotline and website.
- Schedule interviews for Sundance Recruiter and HR Director.
- Cross train in administration and reports for application data base and rejection letters.
- Own applicant feedback system.
- Schedule new hire paperwork appointments.
- Assist with completing new hire paperwork for hourly employees.
- Ensure accuracy of I9 forms and accept appropriate identification in accordance with Federal regulations.
- Enter new hires and rehires in E-verify system.
- Prepare materials and information for new hire orientation.
- Conduct orientation tour as needed.
- Make and/or order name tags.
- Distribute pay checks and communications.
- Consistently administer daily payroll and post payroll prior to deadline with accuracy.
- Assist with payroll and benefit reconciliation.
- Conduct written verifications of employment.
- Coordinate Printing Projects.
- Order Employee of the Month and Manager of the Quarter plaques.
- Generate monthly birthday report, email to Executive Assistant and Switchboard.
- Order office supplies.
- Responsible for checking in/out AV equipment.
- Assist employees with benefit enrollment as needed
- Cross-train in interviewing. (last week August/first week September)
- Assist management in any areas necessary within accordance of the law.
ALL SUNDANCE REPRESENTATIVES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Embrace and promote all facets of the Sundance Guiding Principles: vision, mission, cause, tenets service standards and values.
- Exhibit job and product knowledge to accurately support and promote all Sundance departments, amenities and programming ventures.
- Strategically balance customer, business, and employee needs.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Possess the necessary social skills to work with a broad based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement and furthermore support and comply with all Sundance policies, procedures and standards.
- Protect Sundance assets.
- Be an ambassador of Sundance inside and outside of work.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Support and participate in environmental programs associated with position: minimizing waste, recycling, energy conservation, purchase and use of sustainable products, education on environmental ethic, support vendors with similar ethic, decrease pollution levels, minimize the use of toxic chemicals, restore wild life habitats.
Sundance recognizes the impact that our image has on the guest’s impression of the resort and the perception of our ability to provide professional service to our clientele. In order to best promote a positive, professional image that meets Sundance guest’s expectations, employees are required to dress in a professional, conservative fashion that is appropriate for their area.
Please use the following as a minimum standard:
- All aspects of the Personal Appearance policy (SPL#50) must be in compliance.
- Employees are required to wear nametags at all times while on duty.
- Clothing must be unwrinkled and clean, and in good condition (no rips, tears, or frays regardless of whether accidental or fashionably placed).
- Blue jeans are permitted.
- Men’s shirts must be tucked in.
- Appropriate skirt length is from the knee to the ankle.
- A tailored fit is required of all clothing.
- Tank tops, halter tops tube tops, and spaghetti straps are prohibited.
- Sleeveless shirts are permitted for females.
- Bare midriffs are prohibited.
- Proper footwear for your department is required.
- Dress sandals are permitted for females.
- Flip flops are prohibited in all areas.
- Tennis shoes are prohibited unless there is a business need (ie: Canyon Clean up, Guided Hike)
- T-shirts must be in good condition and posses appropriate Sundance logos.
- Hats are not permitted indoors.
Human Resources employees are often required to work Sundance sponsored employee events. Employees are expected to dress appropriately for the event while maintaining a modest, conservative appearance.
This is a general description of this job. All employees of Sundance Partners LTD. will be required to perform any task that is asked of him/her within legal and ethical parameters and company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university in Behavioral Organization; or two to three years related experience in Human Resources and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have strong organizational and phone skills. Must be highly proficient in data entry with previous payroll experience. Attention to detail and confidentiality required.
Must type a minimum of 40-50 words per minute.
Must be proficient in Excel, MS Word, MS Publisher, electronic mail, and internet navigation. Previous experience with timekeeping software and ADP a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee works in an office with several other employees. Must work well in an environment with continuous flows of clients entering and leaving the office. Employee works with copy machines, faxes, and printers which can be distracting.
HOW TO APPLY: