Mountain States Steel, Inc, steel fabrication and erection specialists, seeks a Payroll/Human Resources Specialist with a passion for people and ability to execute best-in-class Payroll / HR techniques and practices while overseeing the daily administrative Payroll and HR functions related to new hire paperwork, benefit enrollment, terminations, file management, compliance and other human resource functions
Payroll / Human Resources Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- · Prepare and process payroll for business units.
- · Completes payroll paperwork for all benefit, salary and employment changes.
- · Manages and updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- · Tracks employee pay rates, time and attendance preparing payroll processing and HRIS system update. Submits work hours and pay changes to payroll company.
- · Customer service – researching and responding to business units and customers regarding payroll and HR matters, issues, and questions.
- · Assists with various tasks, projects and assignments as needed to implement overall HR practices.
- · Manages recruiting and hiring new employees processes.
- · Places help wanted ads and assist with prescreening and background checks, as needed.
- · Up-dates posting requirements on all employee bulletin boards.
- · Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities and functions.
- · Assists with offer letters, completing reports and other office administrative needs.
- · Conducts new employee orientations, on-boarding, benefit orientations and enrollment for eligible employees.
- · Completes new hire and termination paperwork.
- · Maintains organized, up-to-date employee files, benefit paperwork and other filing and record keeping.
- · Interfaces with payroll, insurance and retirement plan providers providing information as needed.
- · Records employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- · Maintains up-to-date employee organization charts.
- · Tracks employee eligibility for medical, life, dental and 401(k) enrollment and ensures they are enrolled in a timely fashion. Updates and maintains changes, and handles vacation requests.
- · Assists employees with questions, changes and problems with compensation and benefits.
- · Handles termination paperwork and sets-up exit interviews. May conduct exit interviews.
- · Assists with insurance bills and verifies new hire and termination bill accuracy coordinating with the payroll company.
- · Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- · Performs other duties as needed or assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- · Proficient in: Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook and other software as needed.
- · Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- · Strong attention to detail skills
- · Friendly personality and positive attitude
- · Quick learner on software applications
- · Knowledgeable in payroll and human resource management practices, safety and related employment laws.
- · Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- · Able to build robust business-focused relationships based on trust
- · Embraces MSS values and aligns behavior with them
- · Strong customer service with all vendors, employees and management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree preferred; and three+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience as a Payroll, HR Specialist or similar role in, preferably, a high speed, labor intensive, construction or blue collar environment is preferred.
Primarily office environment with fabrication shop assignments on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resumes to email@example.com