The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the gross to net processing of employee paychecks for the U.S. and Canada; withholding, remittance, balancing, and reporting of union and voluntary deductions; interpreting and responding to a high volume of legal garnishment actions and requests while maintaining employee garnishment records in SAP to ensure appropriate withholding; and maintaining timekeeping master files and making related time adjustments.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for interpreting and responding to a high volume of legal garnishment actions and requests while maintaining employee garnishment records in SAP to ensure appropriate withholding.
90% of time spent on one or more of the following:
- Gross to net payroll processing of 2,000+ employee paychecks. This includes processing time from the timekeeping system and adjustment load files, balancing pay results, auditing and analyzing incorrect data, and preparing off cycle adjustments. Update system payroll data, establish authorized incomes or deductions, and process approved incentives and fringe benefits.
- Create payment plans for medical arrears.
- Make paid time off adjustments, maintain basic timekeeping master files and security. Handle timekeeping requests or inquiries from the field sent by email.
Payroll Processing/Short Term Disability:
- Responsible for bi-weekly processing of short term disability for the exempt and non-exempt US employees. Works closely with Return to Work Coordinators to ensure timely STD payments.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College coursework in HR or Business preferred
- 1+ years of in house computerized processing.
- Computer aptitude, including typing of at least 35 wpm, accurate data entry, and the ability to effectively work in a Windows based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as listening skills.
- Must work well, both independently and with a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, and customer communication skills.
- Ability to administer a large volume of work with deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- SAP experience
- 1+ years Kronos or other automated timekeeping system
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- 1+ years garnishment experience.
- 1+ years CCR payroll experience.
- Knowledge of flexible benefit plans, fringe benefits, calculation of manual checks, and 401k plans
Please attach current resume in Word or PDF format.