Include the following although other duties may be assigned.
1. Participate in daily safety/food inspections and coordinate annual Cal-OSHA plant inspection.
2. Assist Human Resources Manager with managing all required Cal-OSHA /OSHA training for hourly employees.
3. Educate and motivate hourly plant employees to achieve safety goals.
4. Analyze work related incidents, identify root causes, and develop/implement approved safety solutions.
5. Maintain electronic injury log, tracking of light duty days, lost time days, and injury details.
6. Process legally required forms for injured worker
7. Report work-related injury to insurance carrier.
8. Work with injured employees medical provider to ensure proper medical treatment is being offered.
9. Ensure proper operation and repairs of alarm and CCTV equipment.
10. Lead monthly safety committee meetings
11. Must successfully pass online 10-OSHA training.
12. Generate safety reports for Human Resources Manager.
13. Ensure hourly employees are wearing all required PPE.
14. Partner with Production Supervisor and Mechanics to understand machinery and work responsibilities in order to provide safety recommendations.
15. Assist Production Supervisor with job training to minimize work-related injuries.
16. Inspect daily forklift inspection sheets.
17. Assist with various HS&E projects.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Must be a student enrolled in a four-year university.
2. Preferably knowledge in the areas of OSHA and environmental programs.
3. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
4. Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports.
5. Must speak Spanish to communicate with hourly employees.
6. Must be willing to work split shift and night shift.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. Requires walking 80% of the time and 20% sitting.
2. May be required to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
3. May require to bend and stoop at the waist
4. Use of earplugs is required
5. Subject to wet and humid environment.
HOW TO APPLY: