Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Assurant Health is the brand name for a family of health insurance products focused on providing a variety of affordable plan choices to consumers. The portfolio of health care products includes major medical, supplemental and fixed-benefit plans for individuals, families and small employers. Assurant Health is committed to providing access to convenient health care delivery, easy-to-understand products and value-added services that help customers better manage their health care dollars and get the most out of their coverage-ultimately seeking to protect not only financial security but also the health and well being of its customers. Assurant Health's products are underwritten and issued by John Alden Life Insurance Company, Union Security Life Insurance Company and Time Insurance Company, which has been in business since 1892. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Assurant Health employs approximately 2,000 employees. More information about Assurant Health can be found on the company's website at assuranthealth.com.
Assurant Health is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Associate Trainer ~ Human Resources
The Associate Trainer provides training to employees and entry-level management, assists with other training and development programs as needed, facilitates and coordinates the Insurance Education program and New Employee Orientation & Great Beginnings programs, performs tracking and reporting, and provides timely, accurate and productivity enhancing coordination support for Training/Organizational Development and the broader Human Resources department toward the achievement of the desired culture and business results at Assurant Health.
- Train and facilitate learning sessions including, but not limited to, non-exempt or entry level exempt through supervisor programs. Collaborate with others in the analysis, design, development, delivery, evaluation and coordination of both entry level and more technical or higher level training. Assist with identifying and delivery of learning and training interventions, options, practices, and processes to achieve specific and desired business, team and individual results. Primary responsibility for maintaining Training and OD reports. Assists with monitoring the effectiveness of OD training programs and practices.
- General Training and OD Coordination Responsibilities: To include, but not limited to: Communicate with employees regarding pre-work, registration, evaluations, course completion certificates, follow-up reminders and any inquiries with all types of training and OD interventions, as well as record and report status, evaluations, completion, etc. Maintain related information in our Learning Management System, intranet site and other identified methods. Update the development calendar, secure rooms, complete room set up/equipment requests, submit catering orders, organize materials, and assists with room set up/take down and updates to materials.
- Accountable for New Employee on-boarding programs. Responsible for facilitation, coordination, support and liaison role for the new employee orientation and Great Beginnings orientation program and processes. Coordinate senior leader welcome scheduling, ongoing coverage, and pre-session preparation support. Update and prepare related on-line and/or hard copy program materials, information, schedules and communications. Track session dates, participant registration and success. Monitor program effectiveness. Recommend and, with oversight, implement program and process changes or improvements.
- Accountable for the Insurance Industry Education program. Act as program liaison for all sites and with all participating external education partners. Coordinate and support the insurance education process for each semester. Communicate to all stakeholders, respond to inquiries, update intranet site and LMS content, schedule and proctor exams, track course and exam enrollment and completion, escalate issues as appropriate, process invoices and charge backs, and plan and implement program recognition, celebration and marketing activities. Provide reports regarding program participation, pass/fail rates, designations earned and costs of the program as input toward budget forecasting. Recommend and, with oversight, implement program and process changes or improvements.
- Assists with HR front desk coverage and other support as needed.
- Requires solid knowledge of general administrative and program/process coordination duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to increase skill level in this area.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, processes and projects.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Requires problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet organizational goals.
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make sound decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience.
- Requires good organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple complex tasks in a timely fashion.
- Requires incumbent to be self-motivated to independently work to complete multiple projects/tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Requires ability to adhere to and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer two years of experience in human resources, organizational development or implementing adult facilitated learning in a corporate setting.
- Prefer three years of experience working with customers along with excellent administrative skills.
- Prefer knowledge of human resource and organizational & employee development policies, practices and processes or agility to acquire this knowledge quickly.
- A professional human resource certification is desirable.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 29380