The incumbent will provide administrative support to the human resources function in areas such as, recruitment and staffing, personnel records, employee relations, compensation & classification, etc. The Human Resources Assistant helps the Human Resources Team partner with business unit customers to ensure strategic business and departmental objectives are met. The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day administration of initiatives assigned that meet established objectives in the “Specific Responsibilities” listed below.
This position reports directly to a Human Resources Manager. The incumbent provides administrative support to the HR team. This position will work closely with, employees, supervisors, & managers. There are no direct reports to this position.
Key Result Area:
- HR Process Administration 60%;
- Kronos Administration 20%;
- Metrics & Reports 10%,
- Other HR Functional Support 10%.
1. Timely and accurately processes personnel action transactions in PeopleSoft which includes, but is not limited to: New Hires, Promotions, Pay Changes, Job Code & Department Changes, Reassignments, Terminations, Technology Access, etc. in designated systems. This also includes verifying data is correct and all necessary information is received.
2. Supports the recruiting and staffing by performing such duties as producing offer letters, responding to inquires pertaining to staffing activities and career opportunities, and maintaining and produce employment reports as assigned.
3. Responsible for ensuring new employee background checks and drug screens are completed and reviewed prior to an offer of employment being extended. This includes the data entry required for the background check, monitoring and reviewing received data and communicating as appropriate.
4. Responsible for performing new employee orientation/on-boarding ensuring established processes and all required paperwork is completed and the information disseminated to appropriate person in a timely manner
5. Produce and submit Kronos Timekeeping files in a timely and accurate manner for the U.S.
6. Administer the Kronos time keeping system for all locations; including employee maintenance, system changes, creating and generating reports, assisting Managers and Supervisors with technical system support, and ongoing training for Kronos users.
7. Respond to general inquiries from employees regarding earnings, deductions and computation of paychecks.
8. May periodically assist with other payroll-related functions including processing of employment verifications, temporary wage reports, earning verification reports for court orders and tax liens, and manual checks.
9. Responsible for the administration of the Education Assistance Program by communicating the program to employees, ensuring paper work is completed and processed, maintain and update all reports, and monitor the program for utilization.
10. Responsible for administering the Service Now for Hardware, Network access, account extensions, terminations.
11. Responsible for creating, maintaining, and generating reports for the HR Department, as well as the corporation.
12. Answers employee’s general HR questions from walk-ins.
13. Assist department members with general administration and clerical duties. These duties include, but are not limited to: filing, generating check requests, ordering office supplies, maintaining vendor relationships, and maintaining the company bulletin boards.
14. Perform other duties as requested to support departmental goals.
• Skills or experience with personal computers, including electronic E-mail, personal scheduling, word processing and electronic spreadsheet skills. All at least at the intermediate level.
• Knowledge of employment laws
• Human resources general knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Must possess strong organizational skills and time management skills
• Strong ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to professionally represent the department and the company
• Ability to listen and empathize well
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• College Education preferred
• 1-2 years human resources clerical experience preferred
• HRIS (Peoplesoft) Transaction experience preferred
• Kronos Administration experience preferred
• 2 years administrative experience
• 2 years office environment experience
• PowerPoint experience a plus
• Financial Scope:
• Responsible for tracking expenditures of ~$250K
• Work Standards – Detail Oriented & Timely Execution
• Collaboration - Team Work Orientation
• Customer Service Orientation
• Quality Orientation
• Action Biased
• Solutions Focused
• Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard.
• Must have the ability to reach with hands and arms.
• Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone.
• Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus and use close vision.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds
HOW TO APPLY: