The HR Generalist serves as the HR staff member responsible for responding to and investigating employee relations issues, EEO claims and unemployment claims. The HR Generalist is also responsible for numerous special projects and reporting functions and provides guidance and assistance in the recruiting and compensation (payroll) and benefits areas as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Conduct New Hire Orientation and Exit Interviews.
• Data entry of new hires and EE changes
• Conduct / coordinate benefit presentations and open enrollment. Answer benefit questions for employees
• Conduct training sessions as needed
• Provide information and paperwork about FMLA.
• Respond and conduct employee relations investigations
• Document issues in writing, inform V.P. of Human Resources of all actions with regard to employee issues when needed
• Provide guidance to supervisory/management staff, counsel supervisory/ management staff regarding appropriate progressive discipline steps
• Work with V.P. of Human Resources on escalated issues and all employee terminations
• Oversee local office Worker’s compensation claims and unemployment claims
• Create and assist with company monthly newsletter, events committee, and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Strong presentation skills
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Human Resources field
• In-depth working knowledge of AZ federal /state regulations - understanding of CA a plus!
• Customer service based philosophy to Human Resources
• Proficient PC skills, knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Must partner with employees and management to communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for communication with all levels of staff
• Must be able to stay organized while working on multiple projects.
• Flexible schedule a must
HOW TO APPLY: