Last updated : 10/15/2012 2:11:52 PM
Responsible for performing various Human Resource front-line clerical and customer service functions in a timely manner. Duties include answering the telephone and assisting walk-ins with HR
specific and general information and paperwork in a professional and friendly manner. Assists applicants with questions/inquiries regarding application process. Assists with new hire paperwork, and provides other clerical support (filing, badges, data entry) that contributes to the objectives and functions of the department. Also assures that all paperwork and files are maintained accurately, logs and manages various information groups, and coordinates special projects as assigned. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and produce high volume of work. Ability to follow-through on tasks to satisfactory completion. Performs other clerical and support duties as may be assigned.
Key Accountabilities / Competencies
1. Provides courteous in-person customer service by answering questions, assisting with problems, giving directions, and information in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner.
2. Works with Department Director to schedule new employee for drug screen; accepts background check information; inputs request timely; secures results of drug screen and background checks; notifies Director of results; Preschedules new employee for next appropriate New Employee Orientation.
3. Once job offer is extended and accepted, will access Taleo to fill requisition and move candidate to new hire status.
4. Regularly accesses background web site to pull and review all new employee background checks; escalates appropriately for clear direction.
5. HR Assistant is responsilbe to create accurate new offer letter, including any applicable policies to send to employee prior to starting.
6. Is responsible to ensure all new employees are scheduled for orientation; creates the NEO list and ensures packets and badges are ready for the first day. Hand off of employee files to HR Rep for input occurs once everything is complete.
7. Creates all new employee files upon receiving clearance related to drug screen/background checks; reviews new hire packet with prospective employee, provides instruction as to completion of packet information; ensures receives all new hire paperwork prior to NEO, completes checklist as receives information so file is complete at time of NEO. Turns file over to HR Rep for Lawson data entry.
8. Is in charge of updating the HR bulletin boards throughout the hospital. Is responsible for gathering employee recognition cards throughout the hospital on a regular basis and providing copies to appropriate directors.
9. Filing: critical part of overall function within HR Department. Must be able to accurately file all paperwork and maintain weekly filing at a minimum.
10. Is responsible to ensure the employee recognition programs; i.e. breakfast/lunch with administration is communicated, Employee of the Month, etc., organized and ordered appropriately.
11. Proper and effective management of various information groups (i.e. EEO sheets, applicant tracking, health files)
12. Is responsible for ensuring sufficent supply of all office supplies and new hire employee packets; i.e. maintaining supply and ordering timely.
13. Effectively utilizes and operates PC software for database management, letter writing, processing emails, and general navigation of windows.
14. Expeditiously utilizes Lawson database as a resource for manager inquiries, employee inquiries, and information updates.
15. Prompt problem solving for employee badges when needed and efficient manufacturing of badges when necessary.
16. Is responsibile for all payments by check requests for any services used by HR.
- High School education or equivalent preferred. Some college preferred.
- 1-3 years HR experience strongly preferred.
- Previous secretary or receptionist experience (1-2 years) required.
- Experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Good computer skills, demontrated knowledge of Excel & MSWord.
- Knowledge of database programs helpful.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail skills required.
- Accuracy in all work processes required.
- Must be able to handle multitasks professionally and accomplish high work load.
- Must be able to handle high stress level.
- Must be able to follow tasks through to satisfactory completion.