Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The HR Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions, duties and responsibilities. This position is based in Washington DC and reports to the Human Resources Director. This is a part-time position for up to 20 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years of directly related experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate fluently in a second relevant language strongly preferred
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently and speedily produce error free work
- Extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels
- Dependable, consistently at work and on time, strictly follow instructions and policy
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and monitor own work and ensure quality
- Demonstrable commitment and passion for client-centered service delivery
- Possess a long-term interest in the Human Resources profession
- Discretion, flexibility, the ability to deal with and negotiate conflict effectively
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
- Exhibit ethical conduct and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Maintain accurate employee files safely, securely, and in line with FH policy
- Reconcile benefits statements and process invoices for payment
- Support the on-boarding process to include orientation, file set-up and maintenance
- Assist with development, and training logistics and recordkeeping
- Assist with performance management and improvement tracking systems
- Assist with employee communication, employee safety, welfare, and health reporting
- Assist with the prompt and accurate processing of separations
- Schedule seminars and conferences by reserving facilities within and outside the organization
- Prepare documents, reports and presentations
- Make photocopies, fax documents and perform other clerical functions
- Assist with talent acquisition and retention functions as assigned
- Conduct new employee orientation as needed
- Ensure all work products meet standards, policies, and mission of Freedom House
- Other related duties as assigned.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2012-097 HR Assistant. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.