Reports To: Vice President, Human Resources
Type: Job Opportunities
Locations: United States - New York, NY
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Vice President of Human Resources and will work with other members of the HR team in areas such as Community Life, Benefits, Recruitment, Internship and Volunteer programs, and other HR-related functions. This individual must possess strong writing and organizational skills.
- S/he will provide administrative support to the VP of Human Resources and manage calendar, scheduling, invoices, monthly AMEX statements, expense reports and other tasks as assigned;
- In coordination with the HR Associate, s/he will organize community life activities such as staff outings, holiday parties and special gatherings, as well as purchase and present gifts of appreciation;
- S/he will manage the department intranet site on SharePoint;
- S/he will assist with recruitment-related responsibilities such as sorting incoming resumes in the personnel inbox, pre-screening for specific recruitments, scheduling, reference checks, posting on internal/external sites, processing payments/invoices and maintaining/updating the recruitment database in Access;
- Participate in the maintenance of confidential personnel files in accordance with legal requirements and ensure personnel files are complete, current and accurate;
- Ensure the internal HR drive is organized and maintained in a logical order;
- Maintain adequate levels of supplies and forms for HR team;
- Research HR-related topics and resources as needed;
- Coordinate the internship and volunteer program;
- Coordinate the employee exchange program; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 1-3 years administrative experience, focus on HR preferred;
- Knowledge of HRIS systems preferred, ADP experience a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, knowledge of SharePoint is a plus, familiarity with conducting internet research and comfortable working with database programs;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and strong organizational skills are required;
- S/he must be detail-oriented, possess strong analytical skills and have the ability to maintain professionalism and discretion on confidential matters;
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to be flexible, work with interruptions, and shift priorities of work as required; and
- Positive attitude and ability to work well in a team environment is important.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.