Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Agriculture, Rural Housing Service
Job Announcement Number: DEU-FL/VI-2012-0008
SALARY RANGE: $38,790.00 to $50,431.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 to Tuesday, October 09, 2012
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0201-07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time - Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 09
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Gainesville, FL, US
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Any United States citizen.
Rural Development is committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in all of rural America by providing financial programs to support essential public facilities and services as water and sewer systems, housing, health clinics, emergency service facilities and electric and telephone service. Rural Development promotes economic development by providing loans to businesses through banks and community-managed lending pools, while also assisting communities to participate in community empowerment programs. Join the Rural Development team and make a commitment to America's rural communities.
Are you motivated to research, think critically, and solve human resources problems? Do you have a passion for providing quality customer service? Would you enjoy working on a team to design and implement innovative recruitment programs? Do you have a desire to advise management on strategic options for filling positions? If you have experience providing staffing and placement services and are interested in continuing your career with Rural Development this job is for you; join us in an exciting opportunity to create strategic and innovative solutions to manage our greatest asset, human capital; We want creative problem solvers and trusted partners who are able to provide options and expertise to managers seeking to recruit and retain highly qualified employees in a variety of ways.
This position is being advertised concurrently under Merit Promotion Announcement FL-2012-0005. Applicants who wish to be considered under those procedures must apply to FL-2012-0005.
· U.S. Citizenship.
· Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
· Background Investigation is required.
· A one year probationary period is required
· Relocation and travel expenses will not be paid.
The duties for this position include the following:
· Processes personnel actions, assist in recruiting, and serve as point of contract regarding timekeeping issues.
· Coordinates all employee benefits, issues all new or appropriate forms to the field staff, arranges for meetings and maintain all files and records relating to these programs.
· Point of Contract and technical expert regarding employee benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, retirement, leave, Transit, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), leave donor program and hours of duty.
· Coordinates human resource efforts related to recruitment and placement, including collaborating with managers to determine appropriate recruitment strategy.
For GS-07: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05; or its non-Federal equivalent OR 1 full year of graduate level education OR superior academic achievement OR combination of education and specialized experience.
NOTE: To be considered for this position, you must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the GS-0201 series set forth in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards by the closing date of the announcement. A copy is available at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp.
Specialized experience is any experience that equipped the applicant with the particular competencies to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Qualifying specialized experience for the GS-07 level: Experience providing a general overview and exposure to non-controversial routine inquires regarding human resources programs, including staffing, recruitment, personnel processing, classification, pay administration, workers compensation programs, employee development, benefits and personnel security.
HOW TO APPLY: