|The NSA HR Intern Program:
Don't miss this exciting opportunity as a Human Resources intern at the National Security Agency (NSA)! Spend your summer in this intense and exciting 12-week internship open to select college undergraduates majoring in Human Resources. You will gain practical HR experience while putting your intelligence to work in the U.S. Intelligence Community, working for the world's technology leader and top cryptologic organization. As an NSA HR Intern you will spend the summer working in a specialty area such as: Total Compensation, Recruitment, or Global HR Service Delivery.
|- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance.
- Must have a competitive GPA; preference is for a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking college or university program; must have finished the junior year; and have at least one semester remaining following the internship.
- Must provide transcripts covering academic qualifications described above.
- Must major in Human Resources or have a Human Resources concentration.
- Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the month of January and April 2013
Candidates are expected to have completed a variety of courses in at least five of the following areas of study:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employment Law
- Organizational Behavior
- HR Strategy
- Global HR
- Workforce Planning and Staffing
- Performance Management
Skills and Abilities:
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a variety of skills and abilities including:
- Customer Service to anticipate and identify the needs of customers
- Consulting Skills to build effective relationships with line managers to help them strategically manage their human resources
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills to articulate HR strategies, initiatives, options and advice
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and policies related to HR
- Work Management and Organizational Skills to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired end results
|Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule|
|- Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
|How To Apply - External|
|www.NSA.gov--Applications must be submitted online on or
before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline, as well
as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To be considered for HR Intern Program, your application should include:
- Official transcripts
- A resume
A well-written resume will include:
- Your contact information
- Current and past degree seeking programs to include:
- major GPA
- cumulative GPA,
- attendance dates,
- anticipated graduation date,
- degree objective,
- lists of relevant courses taken, including the current semester's course list,
- awards, honors, and recognitions,
- relevant academic or research projects,
- relevant work experiences.
IMPORTANT: When applying online, you may only submit your resume by completing the online resume builder. Please email the additional requested documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
National Security Agency
Office of Recruitment
P.O. Box 1661, Suite 6779
Fort Meade, MD 20755-6779
Attn: MB3, HR Summer Intern Program
Applications are not complete without the requested documentation.
If you have questions about the Human Resources Summer Intern Program, please contact us at the address above or call 1-866-NSA-HIRE. You may also e-mail email@example.com or call (410) 854-4726.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
|The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.|