Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment, and who expect to develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator, can promise.
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Every day, people depend on Cummins to do some extraordinary things in some unusual places. Sometimes we’re under the hood of a truck. Other times we’re using generator exhaust to heat a swimming pool in China. This is a work environment where doing something exceptional and thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job. If you think you’ve never seen a company like Cummins before, just imagine what it’s like to work here.
At Cummins, the Human Resources function plays an important role in the overall strategy of the company by working with our business to lay the foundation for business growth and development of our global workforce. We also have a duty to create the right environment for our people, demonstrate a strong performance ethic and reinforce our core values in everything we do.
The Human Resources function plays a strategic role in the company’s success by providing capable people, tools, processes and policies that support the selection and ongoing development of our workforce. Human Resources professionals play a vital role in the support of Cummins’ long standing commitment to diversity and an inclusive environment.
Supports human resources activities for a small site, business unit, or department, and facilitates legal compliance and adherence to company policy. Compiles and analyzes data from human resources activities and assists in recommending changes. Partners with managers and employees to resolve employee and labor relations issues and concerns.
- Assists in resolution of conflicts, and provides coaching and counseling on employment matters.
- Participates in performance management activities, including employee development planning.
- Provides staffing and recruiting support, and people data analysis.
- Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration by partnering with shared services or the corporate human resources function; develops and implements hourly workforce compensation recommendations.
- Counsels site, business unit or corporate functional area leaders on compliance with key government legislated requirements.
- Assists in managing administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
- Coordinates training needs assessment, and participates in training activities and special projects.
- Creates employment contracts as required by local law or practice.
- Ensures complete and accurate employee information in all human resource information systems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- 0-2 years experience in a position/internship relating to your field of study (preferred)
BENEFITS / COMPENSATION
Explore superior growth opportunities and enjoy progressive advantages like our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, stock options, Domestic Partners coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Cummins Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.