The Administrative Assistant works with the Benefits Specialist in the Human Resources department to assist in the plan administration and processing of the company's Medical and other benefit plans including, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability; resolution of employee inquiries and problems; managing/maintaining benefits records and ensuring confidentiality of data.
- Plan and coordinate enrollment activities with newly eligible employees
- Process benefit related invoices and billings
- Serves as the primary contact in the Human Resources department for
phone, emails, and mail communications with employees and management
regarding leaves of absences and related processes.
Responsible for explaining leave policies and process and assisting employees with the process.
- Writes notification letters; tracks medical certifications and other
required documentation to support the leave. Follows up on all phases of
the leave until return to work or termination.
Maintain leave of absence records in HR System and leave tracking worksheet.
- Works cross functionally with other areas of Human Resources and other
departments to ensure effective operation of leave of absence policies
Coordinates employees FMLA leave with their short-term disability benefits including frequent interaction with employee and short-term disability carrier.
- Participates in annual open enrollment process as needed.
Supports Benefit Orientation and On-Line Enrollment for New Hires.
- Assists in the administration of various benefit plans.
- Participates in responding to inquiries and requests for assistance on eligibility, coverage and benefit matters.
Serves as back up to the Benefits Administrator.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years employee health care benefits administration experience
- 1-2 years of FMLA administration experience
- Prior Workers Compensation experience highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of health care benefits plans such as HMO and PPO plans, Dental plans, Vision Plans, life, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skill in organizing and maintaining confidential records
- Ability to interact with a diverse employee base in a professional manner
- Skill in time management, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving
The successful candidate can anticipate a work schedule of at least 36 hours weekly. Wage is $15/hr DOE.
Blendtec is one of the fastest-growing product brands anywhere and, to hear it from our hundreds of employees is one of the most desirable places to work.
How to Apply:
Any interested candidate can apply directly on our website at : http://blendtecjobs.