Kroger Manufacturing is the manufacturing division of The Kroger Co. - one of the nation's largest supermarket operators with fiscal 2010 sales of $82 Billion and 334,000 employees.
Kroger Manufacturing is one of the largest manufacturers of private label brands products in the United States. We manufacture more than 5,000 food and non-food products in our 41 manufacturing plants and we have some 7,500 employees. Our private label grocery items, in terms of dollars, represent approximately 24% of the Company's sales.
Position Summary:Kroger Manufacturing is committed to providing entry level professional opportunities for recent college graduates through our Career Training Program.
The Career Training Program is designed to prepare candidates for first level supervisory positions upon successful completion of the 12-24 month program. Trainees build technical and leadership competencies in their functional area while gaining a broad knowledge base of all core business functions critical to the manufacture of Kroger private label products.
The HR CTP will role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Contribute in practical, challenging and meaningful assignments provided by the Program
- Drive continuous improvement of the written training program
- Participate in the multi-faceted orientation process
- Initiate active development through interactions with team members, mentors, Corporate and Plant sponsors
- Responsible for continuous development through technical and leadership based training; coaching and career counseling
- Serve as liaison for local charitable, educational and civic organization
- Support and participate in the plant's safety process
- Facilitate regular reviews of agreements and contracts with outside vendors to assure that costs are reasonable for services provided.
- Provide insight for employment law compliance.
- Champion a culture that values individual differences, encourages associate involvement, and promotes continuous improvement.
- Assist in recruiting and staffing processes.
- Assist with the delivery of annual training plan that meets the needs of non-exempt levels of the operation including self-development.
- Assist with non-exempt compensation, incentive and benefit plans.
- Support and develop a culture that provides consistent compliance with policy administration and work rules
- Encourage regular and timely open communication with all associates.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Human Resources
- 0 - 2 years relative business/manufacturing experience through internships, part time, or full time
- Ability to relocate a MUST
- Proficiency in math and PC
- Knowledge of government regulations
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Assistant Human Resources Manager