Backcountry.com is a growing ecommerce retailer; we specialize in selling premium outdoor gear online. We operate nine specialty retail websites that address outdoor, action sports and bike customers. Our mission is to connect people to their passions.
We are searching for a progressive and experienced Payroll professional who is passionate about innovative Payroll practices. Keeping a customer service oriented mindset; we want someone who will directly impact the organization with their crazy mad payroll skills! If you are passionate about what you do and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to join a fun and dynamic organization, read on!
· Coordinate the bi-weekly operation of submitting the Backcountry.com payroll;
· Maintain a variety of files and records related to the payroll & HR system;
o Ensure that new employees and terminations are entered and processed correctly in the system;
o Ensure that changes to benefits, taxes, addresses, deductions; accruals, and additional pay information are performed accurately and timely in the system;
o Ensure advances, bonuses and transfers are completed
o Ensure any other necessary payroll adjustments are completed
· Ensure that wage assignments and garnishments are correctly calculated and update the system with the information;
· Ensure moving expenses, severance payments and manual checks are processed timely and accurately;
· Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports, Backcountry.com Human Resources metrics and all related human resources and payroll reports. Monitor the trending of the metrics; discuss analysis and implications with the HR Director as well as the executive team;
o Serve as a gatekeeper to ensure that backcountry.com titles stay consistent with guidelines and industry standards. Also ensures that EEO categories are assigned consistently and correctly;
o Monitor to ensure Backcountry.com is compliant regarding such things as the correct payment of overtime, assigning exempt/non-exempt status and the assignment of EEO categories;
· Complete the 401k/5500 audit;
· Work with finance as needed on the year-end audit;
· Complete additional Human Resources projects as needed;
· Train managers on payroll and compensation matters;
· Reset HRIS password.
· Associates degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field;
· One year of full time work with a HRIS or payroll system. ADP experience preferred;
· Specialized payroll and compensation training and/or certification;
· We use the gear we sell — all employees are privy to incredible gear deals across a huge range of outdoor sports, action sports, and lifestyle products.
· All employees have access to special opportunities with vendors, resorts, resort passes, industry events, etc…
· Backcountry.com is growing and evolving. All employees have strong opportunity for career advancement and growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We Use the Gear We Sell!