Interview SchedulesThe following Pre-select interview schedules are attached to this job:
- Greg Knight, 3/02/12
Description & Details
| Location: |
Nationwide (All 50 States)
| Job Function: |
Account Management/Planning, Administration, Conflict Resolution, Customer Service, Distribution, Human Resources, Management, Operations, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Sustainability, Warehousing/Materials Management
| Description: |
Rotational Leadership Program: Undergraduate
We are currently recruiting for April and December 2012 graduates.
Keeping customers satisfied with innovative, forward-thinking services has been our legacy for more than 75 years. Schneider National, Inc. (SNI) is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Serving more than 80% of the FORTUNE 500® companies, SNI offers the broadest portfolio of services in the industry. We are a $2.9 billion dollar innovative company who takes pride in a tradition of integrity, diversity of perspective, and focus on excellence. SNI conducts business across North America with over 19,000 leading associates working together to sustain a triple bottom line focus on the environment, social responsibilities and financial obligations.
Undergraduate Rotational Leadership Program Summary
As part of our strategy to create solutions that excite our customers and drive revenue growth, we are developing a pipeline of passionate and innovative leaders at Schneider National through a Rotational Leadership Program (RLP). RLP offers a core curriculum that fosters the development of operational and commercial skills and techniques that are critical to the success in Schneider National lines of business. RLP prepares candidates for an exciting career by providing the opportunity to learn about our services, industry, and customers while making valuable contributions to Schneider National overall growth.
Schneider National's Rotational Leadership Program (RLP) allows you to develop skills and techniques through a core curriculum, mentorship and hands on approach. You would be offered key responsibilities and important assignments over a five month period. The rotational assignments cut across different aspects of a Schneider National line of business, providing you with valuable training, experience and exposure to a team of motivated colleagues and helpful mentors that can accelerate your career.
Leadership Duties and Responsibilities
1. Learn and be able to perform basic requirements of the following areas: Customer Service, Recruiting, Safety / Regulatory, Maintenance, Freight Planning, and Operations.
2. Participate in developmental activities such as weekly brown bag topics, leadership panels, informal mentorships, and corporate leadership development courses.
3. Establish a solid network of resources that can be effectively utilized once placed in a permanent role. Be a resource for others on your team to enhance overall networking.
4. Develop an understanding of your strengths and preferences for your permanent assignment.
We're looking for leaders who thrive in fast paced environments and can offer the following:
¿ Bachelors Degree: Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations, Management, or related field
¿ Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
¿ Prior internship or co-op experience; preferably in a related industry
¿ Demonstrated excellence as an empowering leader in a team environment; experience gained in an elected leadership role is a plus
Additional Criteria Include:
¿ Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make best overall value decisions (balancing cost, customer expectations, driver / associate needs) in an ambiguous, fast paced environment.
¿ Solid judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills; proven record of taking the initiative and responsibility in using those skills effectively, both individually and as a member of a team.
¿ Ability to function successfully in a high-stress environment.
¿ Demonstrated ability to communicate and listen effectively with people of diverse opinions and backgrounds.
¿ Intermediate to Advanced computer skills with ability to learn new systems quickly
¿ Solid work ethic and adaptability to change in a fast paced environment
¿ Desire to grow, take on new challenges & opportunities, and seeking upward mobility
¿ Bi-lingual skills in Spanish a plus
Please note that you will need to be open to relocation with the ability to work a flexible schedule. If offered employment, you will also be required to prove U.S. Citizenship or the legal right to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed at one of our 20 locations throughout the United States in a front line leadership role as a Driver Business Leader, Driver Recruiting Manager or a Customer Service Manager. Schneider National Corporate Headquarters is located in Green Bay, WI. We offer a competitive compensation package and relocation assistance. To learn more about Schneider National, Inc., please visit our Web site at http://www.schneider.com.
If you haven't looked at Schneider lately, it's time you see what 75 years of experience and a wealth of challenges and opportunity can do for your career.
If you're interested in joining a growing, team-oriented organization of more than 19,000 associates, please apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
Submit: resume on eRecruiting
Deadline date: February 23, 2012 @11:59 PM
Required Attributes Students must have the following attributes in order to apply to the position.
- Required Work Authorization Status: Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Require Sponsorship: Only include candidates that do not require sponsorship
- Desired Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science
- Desired Major/Concentration: CED-Management (BGS), FAC-Human Resource Development, FHS-Economics, FHS-Planning & Resource Management, International Studies (MBA/MA), MSM-undergrad-Business Management, MSM-undergrad-Finance, MSM-undergrad-General Business, MSM-undergrad-Global Supply Chain Management, MSM-undergrad-International Marketing, MSM-undergrad-Marketing, MSM-undergrad-Operations Management, MSM-undergrad-Organizational Behavior, MSM-undergrad-Rec Mgmt & Youth Leadership
- Desired Student Status: Senior
- Desired Minimum GPA: 3.00