Human Resources Intern
Assist in fulfilling and implementing goals and functions of the HR department; assist the HR Manager in areas related to hiring, training, and maintaining personnel; and provide internal and external customer service.
· Assist in recruiting, hiring, and processing paperwork (drug screens, background checks, offer letters, etc,) to fill personnel requisitions whether regular Flowserve or temporary employees. Assist in new hire orientation and training.
· Work directly with hiring managers and temporary agencies to fill temporary positions quickly. Assist in screening temp resumes, setting up interviews and organizing the temporary employee’s first day of work with the hiring manager and temp agency.
· Monitor requisition database and close out filled requisitions within 24 hours of requisition being filled.
· Maintain all job postings on state job boards, Monster.com. When requested, work with hiring manager to advertise open positions in local newspapers.
· Assist with completing, submitting, and following up on GEMS transactions for new hires, status changes, terminations, promotions, etc.
· Request, edit, and maintain job descriptions for all employees.
· Process internal and external communications and requests (e-mail, faxes, phones, mail, walk-ins).
· Assist employees having problems concerning benefits, teaching them the correct procedures for resolving those issues through the Benefits Service Center.
· Create and maintain all hard copy personnel records.
· Assist in the request, processing, editing and filing of performance reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have above average interpersonal and communication skills frequently dealing with people in stressful situations
· Knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel
· Above average typing skills, filing knowledge, spelling and grammar skills; ability to compose business letters and memos
· Must be self-motivated, well organized, and able to follow through without constant supervision.
If anyone is interested in applying for the position, have them contact me with a resume by email.
Human Resources Representative
1350 N. Mountain Springs Parkway
Springville, UT 84663