Specialist, Staffing and Workforce Development
Guides and manages the workforce planning and recruitment efforts for all administrative and management positions within the organization. Partners with HR Managers, Business Unit Managers or Directors to develop, implement, and follow through on innovative solutions to source, identify and hire the best qualified candidates from diverse candidate pools, both from within and outside the organization. This position will also provide support for the talent acquisition / on-boarding function for positions at the corporate location. The incumbent is considered a subject matter expert on recruitment, relocation and employee relations. This position is intended to provide training and experience to prepare incumbent to assume other leadership roles within the HR Operations areas of the organization (i.e. Human Resources Assistant Manager and/or Manager)
- Develop and manage recruitment strategies/processes to identify and attract qualified applicants for selection. Utilize contacts with industry sources & associations, manage and measure the work of outside placement services and conduct campus recruiting. Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers and Operations HR professionals to hire and retain talent. Responsible for job posting, job board procurement, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, workforce planning, initial assessments, interviews, offers and on-boarding process.
- Manage the employee relocation program to provide quality relocation services to the new hire candidate. Manage vendor relationships. Consult with managers on use of available program components.
- Works to maximize positive employee relations and minimize potential liabilities. May assist with employee investigations to resolve complaints, ensure behavior of employees and managers are consistent with Farmland policies. Offer solutions to situations through consultation with employees and managers.
- Develop college/university recruitment and intern programs.
- Assists in oversight of corporate AAP to ensure compliance in all recruitment, promotions, and transfer processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or similar program from an accredited four-year college or university and 2 plus years experience in human resources with emphasis on employee & labor relations, recruitment, training, workforce planning & analytics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar program preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and corporate employment regulations and policies (EEO, Wage and Hour, etc.).
- Demonstrates a generalist level understanding of compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to research, develop and present ideas before large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft software, Word, Excel and Power Point; audio visual equipment; ability to navigate and research the Internet.
- Periodic overnight travel is required.
Farmland Foods is an Affirmative Action Company. We encourage women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO / AA
Submit: resume on eRecruiting
Deadline date: February10, 2012 @11:59pm