Payroll and HR Specialist
|Wencor - Human Resources|
|Springville, UT, US|
|$18 to $22|
|Medical, Dental, LTD, AD&D, Life, 401k, Vacation, Sick|
Primary responsibility is to process payroll and maintain records for payroll, benefits and related information. Also assists as needed with other Human Resources and Recruiting needs.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records to process bi-weekly payroll.
- Compiles time and payroll data, enters data, computes and posts wages, and reconciles errors to maintain payroll records.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile discrepancies.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Prepares, balances and reconciles periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Process garnishments.
- Processes and distributes W2s at end of year.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, and benefit plans.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state payroll and compensation laws, including reporting requirements.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Reconcile and submit insurance billings for payment.
- Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as 401k plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
- Coordinates benefits coverage for employees eligible for COBRA Benefits
- Researches, analyzes, and integrates data to provide information on benefits and group insurance programs and utilization.
- Corresponds with or telephone physicians, hospitals, and employees regarding claims.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining personnel records and handbooks.
- Assist with processing, verifying, and maintaining personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administers Wellness program
- Evaluate recruitment or selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies, and notify eligible workers of position availability using internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Assist with selecting qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Communicate and explain job duties and responsibilities, company personnel policies, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities to job applicants.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants from previous employers and other references to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
- Inform or contacts job applicants regarding the status of their applications.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Coordinate with outside staffing agencies to secure temporary employees, based on departmental needs.