Monday, January 23, 2012
Career Advisor with Management and Training Corporation - Anaconda, MT
Career Advisor - Anaconda, MT
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is an international organization dedicated to helping people realize their learning potential. MTC creates nurturing environments in which education is encouraged and recognized. Self-respect, skill development and confidence all emerge from those who participate in MTC's educational opportunities to improve their quality of life. MTC provides life-changing opportunities through academic, career and technical training, and social skills training. For over a quarter of a century, MTC has operated a successful job-training program through the federal government's Job Corps program. As an employer, MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits. Position Summary: Reports to the project director or state coordinator. Responsible for determining student qualifications for placement, conducting placement activities and follow up in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Maintain linkages with DOL, national, state and local agencies and employees to provide placement services.
2. Identify potential jobs, schools, military or other training program placements for separating graduates and conduct job development activities; maintain placement follow up on separated graduates.
3. Directly place students to meet DOL contractual placement goals; verify and document all placements according to requirements.
4. Complete all required documentation in CTS and in individual folders for assigned graduates until their service period ends.
5. Prepare placement reports and assist in the development of the contract's placement plan.
6. Coordinate with center staff to provide placement information to students.
7. Participate in industry advisory councils, community relations councils as assigned.
8. As requested, conduct career support activities in support of centers and regional office efforts.
9. Participate in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting placement activities.
10. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
11. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree or four years experience working with youth. One year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling related services preferred. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Submit: Resume on eRecruiting
AND: Apply online at http://www.mtcjobs.com by January 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM