2012 Summer Intern - Human Resources - El Paso, TX-1104632
Our summer intern program is tailored to individuals who are currently enrolled in Human Resources-related degrees as full-time students at an accredited, four-year college or university in North America. Internships typically run from mid-May to mid-August. Freeport-McMoRan's intern program has been referred to as one of the top intern programs in the mining industry. By providing a structured program and access to the top minds and technology in mining today, your internship will equip you with the skills and experience to help prepare you for a successful career.
Summer Intern duties for the Human Resources Department may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assist with various HR projects.
- Assist with the investigation and counseling process.
- Assist in the preparation for problem solving and arbitration proceedings.
- Work with the HR administration team on various projects.
- Perform other required job duties as needed in support of HR department.
- Current full time student at the Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Level. Majoring in Human Resources or related degree program.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university.
- Able to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work is performed in an office setting and production areas.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer
Primary LocationUS-TX-El Paso Refinery
TO APPLY VISIT THIS LINK:
and then copy and paste 1104632 into the job number box